November 2016 Cambria County Health and Welfare Council Meeting Minutes
The regular monthly meeting of the Cambria County Health and Welfare Council was held on November 2, 2016 at 8:30am at the Alleghenies UCP.
Call to Order: Davina Bixby, President
Attendance: The following members and guests signed in: Stephen Marchegiani, Kirby Brugh, Katie Kovacic, Megan Eckenrode, Paula Eppley-Newman, Frank Reidelbach, Ron Robertson, Bethany Winters, Martha Faust, Jocye Bowers, Cindy DeBelles, Tasha Adams, Sara Pfeil, Lindsey Jacobs, Kala Penrose, Bridget Hail, Becky Hendrickson, Kerry Tomb, Cathy Ritter, Rebeca Thompson, Lee Kring, Michelle Younkin, Josh Yoder, Katelyn Clem, Davina Bixby
- Cambria County Prevention Coalition - Community Forum: Youth and Alcohol! Is it worth our Lives? Townhall occurred on Tuesday Nov. 15th at St. Francis University.
- Johnstown Backpack Project - Painting Party Fundraiser 2 pm November 12 at Woodside Bar and Grill.
- Greater Johnstown Christian Home - 6 th Annual Basket Party Saturday November 19th at the Masonic Temple.
- Alleghenies Unlimited Care Providers
- Putt for Purpose Mini-Golf Fundraiser Jan. 27t to benefit AUCP programs which provide educational and social opportunties for individual with varying disabilities. (found on website and Facebook page- www.alucp.org.)
- Alleghenies United Cerebral Palsy Painting fundraiser Dec 9th at AUCP Community Room. Cost $40 light snacks and glass of wine for each participant. Contact Jessica Pulliam Petrunak to reserve your spot email@example.com or 814-262-9600 ext 2504
- PMSC Americorps - 900 hour Americorps positions still available beginning Dec 8th. PMSC Americorps is seeking an MLK project opportunties for Jan 16th as 30 individuals are available to serve at area nonprofits that day. Contact Lee Kring for details at 814-472-7690
- Welcomed Katelyn back- No report at this time
- Josh Yoder reminded members that membership renewal is approaching. Membership forms will be available at the December Meeting. As soon as the website is updated forms will be posted there as well.
- Davina Bixby informed everyone that we are working to update our website as it was dated and cumbersome to use. Lee Kring has been helping with this. We had a few challenges such as getting a debit card from the bank for such purchases. The site should be ready very soon.
- Davina Bixby announced two vacant spots on the CCHWC executive board. Both Heidi Niebauer and Kristen Villarrial had to step down as their positions have changed since accepting their board seats. People interested in 2nd Vice President and Secretary are to contact Davina at firstname.lastname@example.org. If more than one person is interested in a spot it will go to a vote to the membership.
- Davina also asked for anyone interested in leading activities for the Christmas Party in December to contact her as well.
Program: Ronna Yablonski, Executive Director of the Cambria County Drug Coalition, introduced herself to the membership. Ronna explained in general the formation of the coalition. Ronna Yablonski also shared valuable webistes and resources available on drug prevention such as PAStop.org and state website resources.
Next Months Meeting- is the annual Christmas Breakfast
January’s Speaker – Lois Shultz of Home Nursing Agency and the Nurse-Family Partnership.
The meeting was adjourned at 9:30 by Davina Bixby, President.
Health and Welfare Council President