May 2016 Cambria County Health and Welfare Council Meeting Minutes
The regular monthly meeting of the Cambria County Health and Welfare Council was held on May 4th, 2016 at 8:30 am at Alleghenies UCP.
Call to Order: Davina Bixby, President
Attendance: The following members and guests signed in:
Kerry Tomb, Barbara Porter, Joyce Bowers, Frank Reidelbach, Danielle Darcangelo, Sarah Helman, Michelle Miller, Barb Penna, Liz McGregor, Becky Hendrickson, Heidi Niebauer, Katelyn Clem, Jude Peruso, Briana Becquet, Kaie Dneaster, Don Robertson, Cindy DeBelles, Laura Perry-Thompson, John Thompson, Amanda Hassen, Bridget Hail, Dadoyin Desaler, Sarah Sherry, Tasha Adams, Kristen Villlarrial, Davina Bixby
- Alleghenies Unlimited Care Providers:
- Applebee’s Dine to Donate: Applebee’s in Richland will donate 15% of bill from customers who present flyer (found on website and Facebook Page – www.alucp.org)
- Jane’s Stromboli Sale - $3 strombolis and $9.50 10” pies. All proceeds benefit AUCP’s Activities Program, people of varying abilities.
- Women’s Help Center:
- “Give My Regards to Broadway,” a Broadway concert to benefit the Women’s Help Center will be performed on Sunday, May 15th, 2016 at 4:00pm @ Ace’s in Cambria City. $20 tickets.
- In partnership with Greater Johnstown School District presents “Reading Night Lights,” a reading carnival at Trojan Stadium, on Thursday, May 26th, from 6:00 – 9:00 pm.
- April Meeting Minutes were approved.
- Finance Report was shared by Katelyn Clem, Treasurer
- Survey Report Out – Results were shared from Surveys that were completed in April.
- Kids A Fair Update – Danielle Darcangelo, 30th Annual Kids A Fair will have a birthday party theme, Friday, June 10th, 3:00 – 6:00 pm at Trojan Stadium. Event is on Facebook.
- Bosler Academy Workshops – The membership approved Executive Board Members attending the workshops, with the possibility of general membership attending with the responsibility of reporting back to the Council.
Anne Heinzeroth, Upward Bound Program, Saint Francis University. Upward Bound is designed to help eighth, ninth and tenth grade students attending public schools throughout Cambria County prepare for and pursue a college degree following high school graduation. Kristen will forward the Powerpoint presentation in an email to the general membership.
Next Month’s Guest Speaker: Michelle Letosky, Beginnings, Inc. – Fatherhood Initiative
The meeting was adjourned at 9:30 am by Davina Bixby, President
Health and Welfare Council Secretary