February 2016 Cambria County Health and Welfare Council Meeting Minutes
The regular monthly meeting of the Cambria County Health and Welfare Council was held on February 3rd at 8:30 am at Alleghenies UCP.
Call to Order: Davina Bixby, President
Attendance: The following members and guests signed in:
Davina Bixby, Katelyn Clem, Bethany Winters, Sue Mann, Travis Hutzell, John Moryken, Becky Hendrickson, Kerry Tomb, Bridget Hall, Heidi Niebauer, Jacki Trexler, Barb Penna, Sarah Sherry, Jude Peruso, Jerrica Cooper, Danielle Darcangelo, Megan Eckenrode, Frank Reidelbach, Eileen Pierson, Sally McClintock, Paula Eppley-Newman, Tom Chernisky, Lauren Perry-Thompson, Roselyn Brandon, Tasha Adams, Joyce Bowers, Carol Harding, Jessica Pulliam Petrunak, Stacie Holsinger, Cathy Ritter, Paula Gojmerac, Rachel Leister, Barbara Porter, Michelle Younkin, Cindy DeBellis, Kristen Villarrial
- The Christian Home of Johnstown
- The Christian Home of Johnstown is in need of compassionate staff who can guide and care for adolescents between the ages of 10 – 21. If you feel you can make a positive difference in a child’s life, go to www.chjcares.org or contact Cherish at 814-535-8775, ext. 2.
- Alleghenies United Cerebral Palsy
- Save the date – Highmark Walk - June 11, 2016, 9:00am, Central Park in Johnstown. Benefits AUCP’s Consumer Fund, which helps those with disabilities in the community.
- CASA/ Beginnings
- CASA Basket Party – April 17, 2016, Richland Fire Hall. Doors open at 12:00. Tickets $10.00. Call 539-1919.
- CASA Volunteer Training starting Monday, April 25th at Beginnings, 111 Market St. 30 hour training for volunteers to advocate for abused and neglected children.
- January Meeting Minutes were approved.
- Finance Report was shared by Katelyn Clem, Treasurer
- Membership Renewal Forms Due – Please see attached forms.
Bethany Winters updated on the Cambria County Prevention Coalition and the future state. CCPC and guests (District Attorney’s office, Conemaugh Health, 1889 Foundation and United Way) presented information on the current drug problem in the county and the benefits of applying for a Drug Free Communities Grant.
A vote to change the by-laws will take place at our CCHWC March meeting.
Please contact Bethany (814) 241-9728, if you have any questions about the change to the board structure of the CCPC.
Many members thanked Bethany for sharing this information and remarked how timely it was with the latest headlines and the recent surge in the number of heroin overdoses.
Next Month’s Guest Speaker: Jamie Crum-Miller, Tales with Tails Dog Therapy Program
The meeting was adjourned at 9:30 am by Davina Bixby, President